Find and solve problems that impact users on your site.
We are excited to announce SiteLint; a platform that allows you to hunt for and solve several common and not-so-common problems that impact your website’s visitors.
Almost all site developers and administrators struggle with maintaining adequate SEO compliance, good performance, accessibility, strong security, and fine visual quality, all free of technical difficulties. That is because the typical approach is to focus on critical areas individually. For example, the focus is on SEO, but not on accessibility. Then there are security issues. Hence this typical approach doesn’t reflect the requirements of real-world users, networks, and devices.
Now, what if this could all be done symbiotically in one place? Well, It can. Introducing SiteLint.
After years of hard work, we have summarised all the major challenges faced by most site developers and administrators:
* What is really happening on the client-side cannot be properly evaluated because auditing is typically done through scanning with a fixed set of parameters that don't reflect the real-world dynamic user environment.
* Site monitoring cannot be done effectively because the current solutions available on the market only allow periodically capturing a specific point in time instead of working on the client-side 24/7 gathering real-time data.
* Lack of visibility into which pages are most visited, thereby having to parse through and address issues related to seldomly visited pages instead of focusing first on the most frequently visited ones.
* Most tools are overloaded with features and metrics, generating far too much data leading to confusion instead of simple, clear, and fully explained results which help developers and administrators to understand the root cause of discovered issues and how to fix them.
* Today all elements practically overlap each other. For example, Accessibility and SEO are both about getting relevant content to all users. If images are made accessible, then search engines will deliver better results. After all, search engines are absolutely vision impaired. So anything clearly accessible to a search engine will certainly be clearly accessible to all users.
* Most developers and administrators would like to react efficiently to their client's requests, fix any bugs faster, and have an impact on how their site audits work. Many current audit systems use practically the same 3rd party tools to perform their audits. That means the same results for different systems. However, the ‘one size fits all approach is seriously flawed.
* Lack of human-readable messages in reports. Most developers and administrators have to walk through a jungle of cryptic generalized messages and far too many options on the screen. That distracts them from what they really need; a concise explanation of the real issues in a format that they can understand and action.
SiteLint explained in three simple steps:
Step 1: Sign Up. Quick and easy.
Step 2: Create a token. Just a string that will identify your site so SiteLint can understand who’s talking.
Step 3: Create and then insert a SiteLint code snippet on your site and get results immediately from every visited page.
Albert Einstein said: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”. So, how can you scan your site with the same scan methodology and params and expect different results? That’s why SiteLint was born.
Looking for feedback and let us know if you notice any bugs!